Sunday, February 22, 2009

Missing Frank-N-Furter

As I was watching the Oscar telecast, Hugh Jackman broke into a big musical number about "Mama Mia" bringing back the musical. The number combined pieces of numerous old musicals: West Side Story, Grease, All That Jazz, and others I don't remember. I kept waiting for just a line from Rocky Horror, but alas, the composer/arranger who put the number together didn't have a sense of humor. Of course, my memories of Rocky Horror are from midnight shows in the late '70's, and may not stand up to a current viewing of the film. (Then again, I love The Lonely Island's Incredibad, so my sense of humor may still be just as warped as it was 30 years ago.) The movie still gets 7 out of 10 stars on imdb. But the Rocky Horror fan site doesn't have any news for the last 6 months.

I guess I'll just have to take another look at the movie.

No comments: